accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From John Vines <jvi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Should we support upgrading 1.4 -> 1.6 w/o going through 1.5?
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2014 21:29:13 GMT
My comfort with this is based solely on the amount of effort and complexity
involved. I have no direct qualms with providing that path, on the
assumption we don't spend an exorbitant amount of hours developing it and
end up with a ridiculous amount of code brought up to support this which we
have to maintain.

I would also be happier to have some sort of story involved for how to
ensure the 1.4 users migrate to 1.6 in such a way we don't hit a similar
race condition we found for if/when they jump to 1.7/2.0.

--
Cheers
~John