accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Havanki <bhava...@clouderagovt.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE][BLOG] New Blog Entry - "Scaling Accumulo with Multi-Volume Support"
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2014 20:19:57 GMT
P2:
- "scale quite largely"

P3:
- "... is burdened by the file management, but the number ..." or "...is
burdened by the file management; but, the number ..."

P4:
- "... starved of responses from the NameNode as it has a limit on the
number of concurrent operations it can support." (phrasing)

P5:
- "... as it works at a directory level; as an example, /dirA is mapped ..."
- "... Accumulo uses a single HDFS directory for its storage." (no
apostrophe for its)

P6:
- define "HA"
- "...two options to horizontally scale your Accumulo instance: you can use
an HDFS cluster with federation and multiple NameNodes, or you can use
separate HDFS clusters." (no apostrophe for Namenodes)

P7:
- "... for each tablet, spreading the files ..." (comma instead of
semicolon)
- "... allocate all files for a particular table to one volume." (allocate
to, not in)

P9:
- "The example configuration below shows how ..." (commas aren't needed)

Nice article. :)

Bill

--
// Bill Havanki