accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Havanki <bhava...@clouderagovt.com>
Subject Re: moving rat to a profile?
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2014 21:04:03 GMT
It seems like a middle way would be:

* always run the rat plugin
* configure it by default with ignoreErrors=true
* let committers / Jenkins / release managers et al. explicitly set
rat.ignoreErrors=false (in MAVEN_OPTS or wherever)

By default, the plugin will warn about files lacking a license, but will
continue the build. Contributors are exposed to the check but not
constrained by it. Example:

---
[INFO] Rat check: Summary of files. Unapproved: 1 unknown: 1 generated: 0
approved: 187 licence.
[WARNING] Rat check: 1 files with unapproved licenses. See RAT report in:
/Users/bhavanki/dev/accumulo/server/base/target/rat.txt
---

Any entity that should enforce licenses then needs to set the ignoreErrors
flag to false. This can be part of committer onboarding.

Bill

--
// Bill Havanki
// 443.686.9283