accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Havanki <bhava...@clouderagovt.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Minimum JDK in 1.6.1
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2014 21:59:28 GMT
+1 for option 2, -1 for option 1 ... in other words, keep Accumulo 1.6.x at
Java 6. As a cluster admin I'd be unpleasantly surprised to find that I
need to update Java versions for a minor/bugfix (whatever we call it)
release.

I am happy with the idea of moving to Jetty 8 for 1.6.x as part of
ACCUMULO-2786. Originally the ticket didn't call for upgrading Jetty, but
just getting its libraries included in packaging, but at this point, it's
sensible and more responsible to upgrade too.

--
// Bill Havanki
// 443.686.9283