accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Stein <joe.st...@stealth.ly>
Subject Accumulo 1.7 and Data Center Replication
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2014 00:50:31 GMT
Hi, I was hoping to get some more info around the 1.7 release and what are
the to-be-dos and plans around it?

Is there any help that is needed from a contribution perspective in
anyways? Testing? Documentation? Pending coding or such?

We are going to be rolling trunk into two of our lab environments
specifically for https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-378 as it
is a requirement for one of my projects at Bloomberg for Accumulo to have
data center replication before we go live.   This works is going to be over
the next month(s) with lots of cycles dedicated to Accumulo 1.7 in the next
few sprints.

Also, I wanted to reach out if folks are looking for full time, contract or
even side work with Accumulo. We have projects right now going on and are
looking for more hands on keyboards.

Anyways, thanks for all the great work!!!! I am looking forward to more
continued success with the system, more integrations and to be able to
become more active in the community.

 Joe Stein
 Founder, Principal Consultant
 Big Data Open Source Security LLC