accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Accumulo Installation Help
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2014 20:19:20 GMT
Hi Katherine,

FYI, apache.org mailing lists tend to remove attachments.

If you happen to run a `yum search accumulo`, you'll notice that there
are multiple artifacts for Accumulo, e.g. accumulo-master, accumulo-tserver.

If you run a `yum install accumulo*`, you'll get the full gamut of
Accumulo packages which include example configuration. You'll then want
to initialize Accumulo and start it [1]

Also, we try to keep chatter on the accumulo.apache.org lists focused on
Apache Accumulo as a product without getting caught up in vendor
brandings. If you have specific questions about the Hortonworks Sandbox,
please feel free to contact me off list!

- Josh

[1]
http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.1.1/bk_installing_manually_book/content/ch_rpm_accumulo-validate.html