accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deploying SNAPSHOTs to nexus
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2014 18:25:46 GMT
On http://www.apache.org/dev/repository-faq.html

They call out deploying a SNAPSHOT as long as the PMC is ok with it, but
they also mention Maven 1 which, I believe, is older than me.

I don't think that deploying artifacts to the snapshots area of Nexus
equates to an official release, but that's my opinion and the lack of
any other docs that make me think otherwise (if we weren't allowed to
deploy snapshots, why would we even have that repository available to us).

I looked at the Jenkins job briefly too. The job does have an option to
auto-deploy, but I'm not sure if the permissions would be implicitly
handled for us. I haven't found another project which appears to publish
snapshots on each build yet.