accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Accumulo Summit Hackathon
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2014 18:41:58 GMT
A couple of things that come to mind, mostly things that I have wanted
to use/extend/play-with

* JIRA is a great source (like Bill H pointed out)
* Cascading+Accumulo integration
https://github.com/airawat/cascading.accumulo
* Harness for deploying an Accumulo "cluster" via Docker and/or Vagrant
against Apache source (e.g. deploy a 3node Docker Accumulo cluster using
the 'master' Accumulo branch)
* Try to get Flume integration updated/committed
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLUME-2234)
* I'd also love to see some work on

Also, Bill's link didn't take me directly to the search results, you
might have to click the "Return to search" link the upper-right-hand corner.

I'll make a pass today over the open and unassigned tickets to see if
anything else jumps out at me that I think should be marked as "newbie".

- Josh

On 6/8/14, 8:38 PM, Tamburello, Paul [USA] wrote:
> Accumulo Development Team -
>
> As many of you already know, this week during the Accumulo Summit<http://accumulosummit.com/>,
Booz Allen Hamilton is sponsoring a Hackathon<http://accumulosummit.com/program/hackathon/>
event following the conference, from 5PM til 11PM.  As part of the agenda, we are working
to put together a list of existing JIRA tickets that folks can work on during the Hackathon,
so we want to solicit input from the Accumulo contributors. So, if you have suggestions for
tasks that people can work on, please respond directly to me and we will add them to our list.