accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] end of life plan for 1.4 branch
Date Mon, 05 May 2014 20:02:19 GMT
We hashed this out in IRC, and I think it's a fair compromise that is
less confusing to users building from an SCM tag.

Some other options proposed, but not deliberated: 1.4-orphaned or
1.4-closeout, or 1.4-abandoned
And one other, I just thought of: 1.4-unreleased
(or some combination of these)

Also noted on the IRC: it may become annoying to continue this
practice and have SCM tags full of unreleased and abandoned branches.

One final note: this represents a change in precedence... previously
all persisted tags have been released versions. This is a change from
that practice.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii