accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] end of life plan for 1.4 branch
Date Mon, 05 May 2014 19:38:39 GMT
I elaborated above, but in short, all previous tags have indicated
releases. This is standard to publish tags in SCM to denote a release.
it's confusing to have a tag that does not denote a release. Further,
having a version that is greater than the greatest approved release
may mislead people who build from source to use the "latest", thinking
it was approved and it wasn't.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii