accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Dev branches reflecting minor/major versions, not bugfixes
Date Mon, 12 May 2014 17:46:41 GMT
The one clarification here is that I don't think we should have a
long-lived 1.6.1 branch.

For 1.5.2, I think we should plan a 1.5.2 release soon, and then
eliminate the long-lived development branch for 1.5.x, in favor of a
short-lived 1.5.x bugfix branches that are oriented around specific
bugs (since we have two outstanding supported branches, we'd probably
fix the same bug in both and release bugfixes for each together,
depending on the release plan put forward by whoever is calling for a
release).

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii