accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>
Subject Re: Remove Row Data
Date Mon, 05 May 2014 15:07:55 GMT
The BatchDeleter pulls all data through the client, so it does not scale.
If this is a problem for you, then other options to be aware of are

 * Write a Filter or RowFilter and compact the table.  These filters will
run on the server side in parallel when you compact the table.
 * Write map reduce job that reads table and writes out deletes.