accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] end of life plan for 1.4 branch
Date Mon, 05 May 2014 19:01:03 GMT
-1

I am opposed to the tag, because I think what it communicates to users is
confusing.  I'm in favor of what Christopher suggested.

I was undecided about the general concept of 1.4 EOL,  I am still working
w/ some users who are still using 1.4 in the short term.   Should they run
into a serious bug, we will very likely fix it.  I discussed this situation
w/ Christopher and he suggested if this situation were to occur we could
simply post a patch jira.   That plan sounds good w/ me and makes me
comfortable w/ 1.4 EOL now.