accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] end of life plan for 1.4 branch
Date Sat, 03 May 2014 21:40:11 GMT
Hi David!

I purposefully only included not linking to the docs from the main nav
menu, because I also think the docs should stay online, at the same URLs.

I haven't been keeping up with the website redesign, so I didn't want to
get caught up in specifics of how we might get people to them. Provided
there's some place we can add an "older documentation" section of links,
would that address your concern?

Nonactive release are always available for download form the archive, which
is linked at the bottom of the releases page.

The main point of the downloads page is to draw people to versions we want
them to use, so I'd rather restrict 1.4 to the archive. Is your concern
that people have a way to get to the 1.4 artifacts or that they be
prominent?

Once artifacts have been posted to the apache maven repository they should
be available indefinitely, so we would not remove any 1.4 related ones.

--
Sean