accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Tablet Redistribution
Date Fri, 16 May 2014 23:23:12 GMT
the default balancer should already handle moving the tablets across all
servers.

Check the master's debug log to see if there are messages about trouble
with balancing. For example, if there are unhosted tablets then the master
won't rebalance tablets.

If you have one or more offline tables, you might be hitting
ACCUMULO-2694[1]. The fix for that issue is still in progress, but the
workarounds listed should be something you can do on 1.5 right now.

[1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-2694