accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] end of life plan for 1.4 branch
Date Tue, 06 May 2014 18:45:51 GMT
On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 12:26 PM, John Vines <vines@apache.org> wrote:

> +0
>
> I want to EOL 1.4.x but I am having difficulties following this discussion.
> If someone could provide a tldr; I will probably change my vote.

tl;dr (sorry still long):

Consensus is to update the "1.4.6-eol" tag to be something like
"1.4-something-to-indicate-development-stopped" (but not this verbosely
ridiculous, natch)

Christopher and Keith are still at -1 because there will be a window of
time in which the tag 1.4.6-eol exists in the repository

Drew is negative on the vote (though he has not voted -1) because he would
like users of the 1.4 line to have an easier time with jira and downloads.

--
Sean