accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject [VOTE] end of life plan for 1.4 branch
Date Sat, 03 May 2014 20:41:23 GMT
Accumulo Folks,

I would like to declare end of life for the 1.4 branch of development. It's
been active for a little over two years and the release of 1.6.0 means we
now have three active releases.

Declaring end of life would mean

* Posting an ANNOUNCE message to the user list
* No longer accepting issue fix version targets for future 1.4 releases
* Removing fix version targets of 1.4.x for existing open issues
* The end of having a long lived 1.4 related branch in git
* Removing direct references to 1.4.x releases on our download page
* No longer linking to the 1.4 related documentation from the main
navigation area

Our issue tracker shows that candidate version 1.4.6 currently has:

* 9 closed issues, none of which are blockers or critical.
* 1 issue in patch available status, marked critical
* 18 open issues with a target fix version of 1.4.6, four of which are
marked critical.

Because there is existing work, but not yet enough to warrant a release, I
propose
that on successful passing of this vote we create a "1.4.6-eol" tag with
the then
current state of the development branch.

Please vote

[ ] +1 I am in favor of announcing End of Life according to the above plan
[ ] +-0 I am indifferent
[ ] -1 I am opposed to the above End of Life plan because...

I'm treating this like a release vote. Thus, it will be handled with
Majority Approval:
to pass it will need 3 committers to +1 and more committers voting +1 than
-1.

Vote will remain open for 72 hours, until Tuesday, May 6 2014, 20:40 UTC

--
Sean