accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] end of life plan for 1.4 branch
Date Mon, 05 May 2014 19:23:02 GMT
Hey Keith,

Some questions in-line

On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 2:01 PM, Keith Turner <keith@deenlo.com> wrote:

> -1
>
> I am opposed to the tag, because I think what it communicates to users is
> confusing.  I'm in favor of what Christopher suggested.

Specifically, this would be just dropping the HEAD without tagging and
referencing the commit hash?

> I was undecided about the general concept of 1.4 EOL,  I am still working
> w/ some users who are still using 1.4 in the short term.   Should they run
> into a serious bug, we will very likely fix it.  I discussed this situation
> w/ Christopher and he suggested if this situation were to occur we could
> simply post a patch jira.   That plan sounds good w/ me and makes me
> comfortable w/ 1.4 EOL now.

I am also working with users who are likely to be using 1.4 in the
short-to-medium term. :)

In this case do you just mean a jira that contains a patch that users could
apply themselves (or have applied by some code maintainer)?

--
Sean