accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Setting 1.4 versions to "archive" in Jira
Date Fri, 09 May 2014 03:55:17 GMT
Hey Folks!

Jira uses the notation of "archived" to mean that a version is no longer in
active use. The status means that a given version no longer autocompletes
and can not be used when editing tickets.

Earlier there was a brief discussion on IRC about the matter (attached as a
log), and I wanted to make sure everyone had a chance to participate in the
discussion.

Relevant questions, as I see it

1) Do we wish to leave more 1.4.x versions active on jira to make things
easier for contributors filing tickets against the older releases? Or do we
wish to leave fewer active to make it easier for contributors who are
handling triage of new issues?

2) Do we want to set an approximate time for when all 1.4.x versions will
be archived in jira, e.g. end of 2014? Since the user announcement for the
end of 1.4 is still in draft form, we could include this information so
that users can plan now.

Personally, I'd like to 1) leave all the 1.4.x releases active for now and
2) not set a hard cut off and instead play it by ear depending on issues we
see filed.

--
Sean