accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Drob <mad...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Accumulo Monitoring Page Improvements/redesign?
Date Mon, 12 May 2014 14:24:18 GMT
Al,

There's an existing JIRA for packaging the monitor as a war -
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-1325 - so that is a good
place to start.

There's also been some discussion about going the other way - instead of
building up the monitor we could tear it down and let somebody else
maintain that code. The benefits are a reduced maintenance cost for us,
especially on something that is not our forte. As a community we know how
to make a good distributed storage system... less so on how to make a
pretty web interface. You can check out
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-1013 for more details there.

Mike