accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Billie Rinaldi <billie.rina...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Do we want contributors assigning to themselves?
Date Thu, 15 May 2014 15:47:29 GMT
Luckily, I believe we are not affected by the change because we are using
the Hadoop Permissions scheme in JIRA and not the ASF defaults.  For a
first-time contributor, I don't think it makes much difference whether we
assign the ticket or they do.  But it seems better for existing
contributors to be allowed to assign additional tickets to themselves
without having to ask someone to do it for them.  I don't think we've seen
any abuse of ticket-assigning privileges (and in fact it's hard to imagine
what that would look like).