accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Havanki <bhava...@clouderagovt.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Dev branches reflecting minor/major versions, not bugfixes
Date Mon, 12 May 2014 15:10:36 GMT
I like this plan overall. I am definitely in favor of more frequent,
lighter-weight bugfix releases. We can start to move toward a regular
schedule of them, based on whether there is enough there to warrant one
each month / two months / whatever.

We could start by branching off 1.6.0 now, and merging in whatever bug fix
commits make sense (pending a discussion as Christopher suggested). It can
be kept in a ready-to-release condition, for whenever it's "time" for 1.6.1.

What about 1.5.x? That will still receive feature changes as well as bug
fixes, I assume, until it goes EOL.

--
// Bill Havanki
// 443.686.9283