accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Havanki <bhava...@clouderagovt.com>
Subject Maven incremental compilation issue
Date Mon, 05 May 2014 23:53:58 GMT
I've noticed lately that my builds of at least the core module always
compile all the hundreds of classes in core, even if I didn't make any
edits. I seem to have been encountering this problem:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17944108/maven-compiler-plugin-always-detecting-a-set-of-sources-as-stale

The Apache parent POM (version 14) mandates version 3.1 of the compiler
plugin, which is affected. I found when I tried the workaround of setting
useIncrementalCompilation to false that the problem was avoided.

If anyone else sees this, maybe the workaround will help. A good way is
including -Dmaven.compiler.useIncrementalCompilation=false to MAVEN_OPTS.

--
// Bill Havanki
// 443.686.9283