accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Moundalexis <al...@clouderagovt.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Do we want contributors assigning to themselves?
Date Thu, 15 May 2014 20:11:13 GMT
As a contributor, I like this approach. I'm able to through and assign an
issue to myself without pestering anyone else.

I like the incentive-based approach for prospective contributors: have a
committer assign an issue to a user after they express interest in working
it, then give them contributor status after they submit their first patch.

That's how I experienced it the first time. The positive reinforcement was
a good thing.