accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Al Krinker <al.krin...@gmail.com>
Subject Accumulo Monitoring Page Improvements/redesign?
Date Mon, 12 May 2014 13:53:52 GMT
All,

Christopher and I exchanged some ideas during Accumulo Meetup last week
about how we can improve Accumulo Monitoring Page... I would like to reach
out to the community to flesh out some prototype ideas and to make sure we
are not duplication any ongoing efforts that may take place.

How do you feel about making Accumulo Monitoring Page a deployable war
file? Also, we probably should clean up the current site some more (I
noticed that some of the titles are not well alligned). In addition, I am
thinking about adding Spring Security to control the access to certain
pages.

Another idea, would be to provide shell capabilities via web page... For
example, a user will be able to select a table from drop down of all
available tables, and then then do a simple scan to see the data.

Neither Christopher or I use Cloudera, so we are not too familiar with it
or its features... and I've heard that Cloudera Manager might already
provide some of these features? Anyone can confirm it? Even if it is true,
I would still want to add as much capabilities to Accumulo without having
to use another tool.

Also, Christopher mentioned that Billie Rinaldi (Hortonworks) did add some
shell interface to the
web page. So hopefully, Billie will be able to pitch in with his ideas.

Thoughts? Comments?

Thanks,
Al Krinker