accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: State of ACCUMULO-378 -- Replication
Date Wed, 28 May 2014 14:48:01 GMT
On 5/28/14, 9:52 AM, Keith Turner wrote:
> On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 9:01 AM, Bill Havanki <bhavanki@clouderagovt.com>wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to break the review into smaller, easier-to-review chunks?
>>

> I like that.  Could construct a dependency graph of the chunks to be
> reviewed and post that as a map for us.

I'll see if I can get something up. As Sean asked in IRC yesterday, I
still need to write user facing documentation too. I also need to
update/finish my state diagrams that I started way back when, which
might help in this process.

FWIW, you can already go through the review I have up by breaking it
into maven modules (e.g. stuff that runs in the master, tserver,
client-side, etc). I don't think there's anything presently that
wouldn't make sense across modules (maybe GC and Master interaction --
those might get combined into one "review").

Also, fair warning, but the breakdown of patches if I try to chunk them
won't accurately represent how they will be committed to the repo in the
final iteration. I assume that's fine for people.