accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] [BLOG] New blog draft "Apache Accumulo 1.6.0 Quickstart"
Date Wed, 21 May 2014 18:44:34 GMT
Keith and Christopher,

I think I need to come up with a better title, because the intent of the
post wasn't "how do I start 1.6.0", it's "what's changed in how I start
1.6.0 compared to older versions".

Since this is a blog, I want to actually spend the time describing the
what and why as to these changes. I don't want to just throw some shell
commands up on the page because there's no context at all. That doesn't
help someone understand why they're running their commands.

I will add code block to the "copy example configs" section to match the
others, and perhaps mention bootstrap_config.sh as an alternative too
(although I'll have to learn how it works too).