accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Catching Bad Authorizations
Date Tue, 20 May 2014 16:50:45 GMT
Hi Jeff,

If you try to scan with Authorizations which the current user does not
have, you will get an AccumuloSecurityException with the error code
SecurityErrorCode.BAD_AUTHORIZATIONS wrapped in a RuntimeException. This
will likely be thrown when you try to call hasNext() on the Scanner's
iterator(). This is also the case with the BatchScanner.

I would imagine this stems from using the Java Iterator interface which
doesn't allow us to throw general Exceptions from its methods. We have
to performance this security check for each batch returned, so it's also
not feasible to just check when the (Batch)Scanner is created.

That being said, there may be something better that we can do. Please
feel free to look into this and open a ticket if you find something
better we can be doing here.