accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: stats and collectd
Date Mon, 19 May 2014 16:09:29 GMT
I haven't seen one myself.

The rest interfaces for collecting metrics is, sadly, known to be
lacking. This aligns with some stated desires to make the rest interface
for Accumulo metrics a standardized API (which we assert stability
guarantees on) and then change the monitor to use those directly
(instead of doing goofy things in the implementation. We have a ticket
somewhere for this (I think Al Krinker has stated some interest in
getting involved here).

I've been curious about what we could get with Graphite. This would be a
fun experiment.