accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Accumulo Monitoring Page Improvements/redesign?
Date Mon, 12 May 2014 14:40:50 GMT
Personally, I'm not sold on the ability to integrate with an external
tool that will give us adequate functionality as compared to what we
presently have with the monitor (someone prove me wrong). It doesn't
*have* to be pretty -- the monitor is extremely functional already which
is the important part.

A deployable war would be a big step up, as administrators could deploy
the monitor into existing application servers instead of the
embedded-jetty hack we currently use.

Moving towards a monitor REST API (instead of baked into servlets) would
also be a big step for external systems to consume Accumulo information
and also allow for better testing.

Regarding the shell in the monitor, I think it's been there since
1.5.0ish -- you just need to enable the monitor to run with SSL. There's
a generate_monitor_certificate.sh script in bin that will generate the
keystore and truststore for you, and also print out the configuration to
add to accumulo-site.xml.