accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From dlmar...@comcast.net
Subject Re: Thinking about 1.5.2
Date Fri, 23 May 2014 14:23:36 GMT
There are some fixes that I have been making in 1.6.1 that revolve around the VFS ClassLoader.
1.5 is affected, so these could be backported if someone wants/needs them.

----- Original Message -----

From: "Josh Elser" <josh.elser@gmail.com>
To: "dev" <dev@accumulo.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2014 10:20:35 AM
Subject: Thinking about 1.5.2

Ladies and gents,

We're coming up on about 2 months since 1.5.1 was cut. I'd like to start
thinking about 1.5.2. We have 65 issues already resolved which is pretty
good, IMO. Hopefully this will help kick us into a more regular release
cadence.

It looks like we have one ticket currently marked as in progress (Sean -
ACCUMULO-2806, Keith - ACCUMULO-2766, myself - ACCUMULO-2785, as well as
some patches ACCUMULO-2758 ACCUMULO-2827). What do we think is a
sufficient time length to get these done? 2 weeks?

How about we try to freeze things on June 9th and get some testing done
for, hopefully a release in a week or two after that. I'm happy to take
the RM position on this one again, but would be happy to help someone
else through it if they're interested as well. Thoughts?

- Josh