accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff N <mastergeek...@gmail.com>
Subject Catching Bad Authorizations
Date Tue, 20 May 2014 16:19:21 GMT
Was curious to know if there is a specific Exception class I can catch when
creating an scanner for a particular user? The 1.5 API for
connector.createScanner says that bad authorizations throws an exception but
the API entry says that the method throws a TableNotFoundException and the
name seemed misleading. The authorization exception, to me, seems to pertain
to a user and not a table.

On a side note I'm wanting to detect when a user tries to access rows that
the users authorizations don't allow in a more sophisticated manor then
seeing if the scan doesn't return anything. Is that possible? It seems
wishy-washy to give an error claiming that either there aren't any rows or
you just don't have permission.

-----