accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From "Joey Echeverria" <joey...@clouderagovt.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Do we want contributors assigning to themselves?
Date Thu, 15 May 2014 13:54:52 GMT
I like that flow.

I'm very much against not letting contributors assign tickets. If you have a problem with
"old" contributors "stealing" tickets from new contributors, then that needs to be handled
with best practices documentation and/or explicit coaching. Locking down who can assign tickets
is a poor way of managing a misbehaving community. As we grow the community, we need to give
more opportunities for contributors to show their judgement on both technical and project
decisions. Holding back the ability to assign tickets makes that more difficult.