accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Joey Echeverria <j...@clouderagovt.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Accumulo wiki
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2014 15:24:45 GMT
I don't think it's a good idea to include wiki content in a release.

What I've seen other projects use their wiki space for effectively is:

* Contributor guides
* Tutorials
* Design documents/proposals

I think the reason that some wikis experience content rot is they
never build a big enough user base and they're outside of the release
process so there's no forcing function to review that content is
up-to-date.

For communities that are still relatively small, you can tag specific
pages as things that should/need to be periodically reviewed and could
assign JIRAs or some other notification mechanism to kick off a
review.

-Joey

--
Joey Echeverria