accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Accumulo Blog
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2014 17:43:47 GMT
Personally, I'd find it easier to simply suggest people post to a
common Google+ topic/community, when there's something of community
interest to blog about, rather than maintain a monolithic blog.

There may be others with the same topic/name, but this one is the one
I saw first:
https://plus.google.com/communities/117836301734017142321

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 12:12 PM,  <dlmarion@comcast.net> wrote:
> I am proposing a blog for the project to be hosted on the blogs.apache.org site. There
was a similar proposal last year on the dev list [1], but no vote or decision. Apache has
a web page with setup instructions [2], which also states that the PMC is responsible for
the blog content and for granting write access to the blog. The process for setting up a blog
is easy and defined in [2].

> To move forward I think we need to resolve some items:
>
> 1. The bylaws don't define how to vote on blog content, but the default vote is in a
Lazy Approval fashion, with no defined timeframe. I’m thinking 3 days. Since the PMC is
responsible for the content, should we enforce something different, say, consensus or majority
approval from active PMC members over 3 days?

> 2. Guidelines for content. If we accept cross-posts from other sites or blog posts from
guest writers (non-contributors, non-committers), what rules should be enforced (PMC is responsible
for content)? For any author, can their employer or employer's products be mentioned?