accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 551 JIRA Tickets Over 2 Years Old
Date Mon, 21 Apr 2014 17:14:46 GMT
Perhaps (hence my caveat with regard to whether the fact of a ticket
being open is problematic). Since it's reversible, "Won't Fix" can
easily be interpreted as "Won't Fix at this time". It could always be
reopened, if we decide there's more value in not having open tickets.

To avoid possibly deterring volunteers, we could easily document why
we won't fix (eg. "Won't Fix, low priority, little interest; reopen if
interest resurges").

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii

On Sat, Apr 19, 2014 at 3:51 PM, John Vines <vines@apache.org> wrote:
> Won't fix isn't accurate though. We're not saying we will reject work on
> them, they're just not a high priority.
>

> On Sat, Apr 19, 2014 at 3:03 PM, Christopher <ctubbsii@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Resolving them as "Won't Fix" seems valid to me, if the fact that a
>> ticket is open helps us track/manage outstanding work. (The obvious
>> question, then, is "does it help in some way?"). They can always be
>> re-opened if we decide it's worth doing.
>>
>> --
>> Christopher L Tubbs II
>> http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii
>>

>> On Sat, Apr 19, 2014 at 1:05 PM, John Vines <vines@apache.org> wrote:
>> > Just because they're old doesn't make them invalid. They're just at a
>> lower
>> > priority. Closing them for the sake of closing them seems like a bad
>> idea.
>> >
>> > But if they're actually invalid now, that's an entirely different notion.
>> >
>> > Sent from my phone, please pardon the typos and brevity.

>> priority

>> ACCUMULO-483,

>> david.medinets@gmail.com>

>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-18?jql=project%20%3D%20ACCUMULO%20AND%20status%20in%20%28Open%2C%20%22In%20Progress%22%2C%20Reopened%2C%20%22Patch%20Available%22%29%20AND%20created%20%3C%3D%20-104w%20ORDER%20BY%20key%20ASC

>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-551?jql=project%20%3D%20ACCUMULO%20AND%20created%20%3C%3D%20-104w%20ORDER%20BY%20key%20DESC

Would