accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accumulo 1.6.0-RC2
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2014 16:32:47 GMT
The removal of .gitignore is something that is done upstream, by the
Apache source release assembly and related plugins.

I think it's an acceptable and expected change from the behavior of
previous behavior, as the .gitignore file has no meaning in the source
tarball, and is only useful inside the git repo itself. In other
words, it's not part of our source, so much as part of our SCM. I, for
one, prefer it gone, as it is now. I couldn't find the specific
upstream change/justification for removing it from the assembly,
though.

Also, FYI, if you want to run a minimal set of ITs with the unit
tests, you can do: "mvn verify -P sunny"

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii