accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Remove hadoop1 support
Date Sat, 05 Apr 2014 00:23:10 GMT
I'm not sure what it means to "deprecate" support in 1.6.0. Changing a
minimum dependency isn't something you can really "deprecate" in the
traditional sense of code deprecation. Perhaps this would mean just
annotating in the 1.6.x release notes that this will be the last
version supporting Hadoop 1, and that we encourage users to consider
upgrading?

However, I am in favor of dropping hadoop1 support (making hadoop
2.0.0, even 2.2.0 the minimum supported dependency) in the next
version after the 1.6.x series (presently named 1.7.0), so long as we
continue to support Hadoop 1 in 1.6.x releases.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii