accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accumulo Bylaws, vote 2
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2014 20:03:54 GMT
Unfortunately, I think I'm going to have to change my vote to a -1,
based on the point that John just brought up.

After some thought, I'm not sure it makes sense for people to be bound
by operating rules they did not agree to, especially for the initial
adoption. I think consensus approval makes more sense for modifying
the bylaws (and for the initial adoption of those bylaws) than does
majority approval.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii

On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 3:32 PM, John Vines <vines@apache.org> wrote:
> I'm also wondering if modifying bylaws, for now and in the future, should
> be consensus approval. Why is that scaled down to Majority?
>

> On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 3:13 PM, John Vines <jvines@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> -1
>>
>> There is still no clarity on code change actions, which I think need to be
>> resolved before it should pass. It seems to be ambiguous, intentionally,
>> with the intent to revise later. If that's the case, it should just be
>> removed until a more definitive guideline can be put in place. Or just
>> point at an existing CTR guideline.
>>

>> On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 2:18 PM, Bill Havanki <bhavanki@clouderagovt.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Reminder to all: the bylaw vote ends at 10 AM EDT / 7 AM PDT tomorrow
>>> morning. Majority approval is required.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Bill

>>> back