accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Drob <md...@mdrob.com>
Subject Re: SQL layer over Accumulo?
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2014 11:48:37 GMT
James,

I think there is a great desire for something like this on top of Accumulo.
We've actually had an open JIRA for exposing Accumulo through a query
language since Jan '13 - well over a year now.

It hasn't progressed much beyond the "it would be nice" stage, but you can
track it at

However, I'm not sure that all of us understand the level of work that
would be required for this task (at least, I certainly don't). Can you
provide a slightly more detailed plan for what you envision?

Thanks,
Mike