accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Drob <md...@mdrob.com>
Subject Re: Accumulo tservers
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2014 11:00:04 GMT
In the zoo.cfg the list of servers you provide are the zookeeper quorum.
Zookeeper is a distributed service that usually runs on 3 or 5 nodes in
large/production settings.

Because your zookeeper is expecting a quorum of duff servers, but only ever
gets one, it never achieves a "majority." So the tablet servers can't
obtain locks because zookeeper is not giving any out, and thus don't start.

Replace your server lines with just server.1=zookeeper1:2181 and that
should work better.