accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <busbey+li...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accumulo Bylaws - Bylaw Change Changes
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2014 18:24:54 GMT
On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 1:18 PM, John Vines <vines@apache.org> wrote:

> I can accept those reasons for new persons in charge. What about vetoed
> code and adding a new codebase? I can see the giving up control as a reason
> to escalate things to Consensus from Majority, but I'm not seeing the
> reason for these 2.

As Benson mentioned, vetoes on code are an artifact of how Apache has grown
up. With code changes it's presumed there is a readily defined standard of
"correctness" and vetoes are supposed to be limited to violations of such
correctness.

I happen to disagree with this, and would prefer that those things also
fail over to Majority. However, I prefer keeping in line with ASF norms
more so, because it makes it easier for those already familiar with other
ASF groups to interact with us.

 -Sean