accumulo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Release testing for 1.6.0
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2014 16:34:25 GMT
It's ultimately up to the Release Manager if something should go into
1.6.0, but I don't see why we wouldn't include bug fixes that don't
invalidate tests.

IMHO, we have way too many development branches as is so in the case you're
describing I'd rather have things wait in 1.5 instead of adding another
branch.


On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 11:31 AM, Josh Elser <josh.elser@gmail.com> wrote:

> Bug fixes against 1.4.6 and 1.5.2 that aren't deemed as necessary for
> 1.6.0 will have no home in the 1.6 line if we don't have branches for 1.6.0
> and 1.6.1.
>
> These commits would sit in limbo in the 1.5 branch until 1.6.0 is released
> and we make 1.6.1-SNAPSHOT as part of the release steps. That's also an
> option.
>
> If people want to keep putting minor bug fixes into 1.6.0, that's fine
> too. I just don't want to keep throwing in changes if we're trying to get
> it out of the door.
>
>
> On 4/4/14, 12:22 PM, Sean Busbey wrote:
>
>> What kind of development are you worried about stalling?
>>
>> Ideally, bug fixes shouldn't involve such a severe change that we have to
>> redo the long running tests. I would think that if such a fix did happen
>> it
>> would be for a problem severe enough to warrant delaying the release.
>>
>>
>> On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 10:41 AM, Josh Elser <josh.elser@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>  If we're moving into testing only and not putting more bugfixes into
>>> 1.6.0, we should really get the branches in line so that it doesn't stall
>>> development (no place to merge things).
>>>
>>> Thoughts?
>>>
>>>
>>> On 4/3/14, 1:58 PM, Sean Busbey wrote:
>>>
>>>  Cloudera has finished successfully verifying a 24 hour Continuous Ingest
>>>> Test with agitation on an HA configured cluster with 7 nodes and 5
>>>> workers
>>>> against 1.6.0 as of commit 3a1b38.
>>>>
>>>> We'd like to coordinate with anyone else who's working through the
>>>> release
>>>> criteria.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>
>>


-- 
Sean

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message