accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Accumulo Blog
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2014 16:24:21 GMT
On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 9:12 AM, <dlmarion@comcast.net> wrote:

> I am proposing a blog for the project to be hosted on the blogs.apache.orgsite. There
was a similar proposal last year on the dev list [1], but no
> vote or decision. Apache has a web page with setup instructions [2], which
> also states that the PMC is responsible for the blog content and for
> granting write access to the blog. The process for setting up a blog is
> easy and defined in [2].

yay!

> To move forward I think we need to resolve some items:
>
> 1. The bylaws don't define how to vote on blog content, but the default
> vote is in a Lazy Approval fashion, with no defined timeframe. I’m thinking
> 3 days. Since the PMC is responsible for the content, should we enforce
> something different, say, consensus or majority approval from active PMC
> members over 3 days?

Personally, I think Lazy Approval and 3 days is fine. Can PMC members see
posts that are in draft status? If so, I think a note that a given draft is
going to be published in {X | X > 3} days should be sufficient.

> 2. Guidelines for content. If we accept cross-posts from other sites or
> blog posts from guest writers (non-contributors, non-committers), what
> rules should be enforced (PMC is responsible for content)? For any author,
> can their employer or employer's products be mentioned?

I think so long as a PMC member is willing to act as reviewer (and it
follows the above lazy approval process), it should be fine.

Personally, I don't think something related to Accumulo being commercial
should preclude it from what we bring to the community's attention.

> 3. Do the articles need to be Apache licensed?

Related: what license do we want applied to the blog posts we author?

I don't see any obvious licensing info on the Apache hosted blog posts.

--
Sean