accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Drob <mad...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: JIRA usage: Bug vs. Improvement vs. New Feature
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2014 15:05:19 GMT
I think a tangible improvement to come out of this would be to tweak our
"report an issue" page.

Our current JIRA defaults are for each issue to be a "Major" priority
"Bug." This seems to cause a lot of noise for determining which issues are
actually bugs or improvements, and which issues are really major instead of
minor.

I propose that we set the default to "Minor" and the issue type to
something else... "Wish" possibly?

Also, I think we should remove the Due Date, Original Estimate, Epic Link,
and Sprint fields from the creation page. I do not care if they are still
present, just hoping to remove some clutter from the screen for first time
users.

We might be able to get away with removing the Fix Version from the
creation screen too, but I don't have particularly strong opinions about
that.