accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Newton <eric.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: increasing balancing problems to WARN
Date Mon, 21 Apr 2014 14:14:17 GMT
> Eric, do those all sound reasonable? I want to make sure we have a common

basis before I get into the specifics of this case.

Yes, this is a reasonable list. Do I seem so disagreeable that this was
necessary?

To be clear, I am against raising the log message "Did not balance because
a tablet was offline" to warning.  I am for raising the message "Balancer
has not run for the last 30 minutes" to warning, except that it does not
exist.

Let us not have a silly email discussion on log levels, or I will start a
fascinating discussion on the placement of braces and the use of
whitespace.  From now on, this threat shall be known as
EricsRule#0:JustBuildStuff.

Please feel empowered to make whatever change you like, regardless of my
thoughts.  I trust you.

-Eric