accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Newton <eric.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: increasing balancing problems to WARN
Date Sat, 19 Apr 2014 01:21:04 GMT
-1

I would hesitate to put *any* message at WARN. It is normal for balancing
to take a little while, especially for some of my users who have their own
balancing algorithm.

Users feel the need to fix the problem; after all, it's there in big scary
yellow on the monitor page.   I don't like training users to ignore scary
yellow.  Is it a problem, or not?

Alternatively, put the balance info into the master status, and display it.
 Like GC collection time... hey, I've been migrating these tablets for a
long time... turn yellow/red.

-Eric