accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From John Vines <vi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accumulo Bylaws - Action changes
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2014 15:56:27 GMT
The current line is unacceptable. It can also be implied that every single
code change needs to be up for review before it can be committed. It had
been contested in the last vote with no clarity on what it meant, leaving
others questioning whether it should not be there.

Yet, in spite of that, it was implored that we should pass the bylaws
anyway and then amend after the fact. Given the turn around on bylaw
changes and the time it would take to sort this matter out, I decided it's
best to take out this potentially malicious line from our bylaws until
something a more sound can be put in place.