accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From John Vines <vi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Drop RPM/DEB packaging from maven build
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2014 17:29:02 GMT
I opt for g-
lets rip them out now. They're horrendous in their current state.
Realistically we should have our debs/rpms based off a tarball, not so
tightly integrated with each module of maven. So it makes sense for there
to be something downstream which can use a tarball and spits out an rpm and
a deb.

Also, worth noting for 6- when I wrote the initial init.d scripts and the
script installer, they were for deb and not rpms. I then made them
universal (ish, I might have messed something up, but they worked for me in
ubuntu and centos). Whether or not someone broke that in the meantime is
the current question.