accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Havanki <bhava...@clouderagovt.com>
Subject Re: Accumulo site Bootstrapped
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2014 13:42:57 GMT
Awesome, thanks for the updates. They are live on my temporary site.

I set the font size in the sidebar back to 14px, since it looked too big to
me now that the sidebar is skinnier. The body is still 16px. See if you
like it, and if not I'll happily make it 16px again.

I also put your CSS changes (font-size 16px, removing nowrap on code
blocks) into accumulo.css and restored bootstrap.css and bootstrap.min.css
to their untouched state. That way we can easily plop in updated bootstrap
versions later without the need to hand-edit them.

Thanks again!

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 10:38 PM, Josh Elser <josh.elser@gmail.com> wrote:

> Bill,
>
> I just pushed some changes. I mostly changed things to help the flow of
> the page.
>
> - Shrink sidebar and "download" button, center justifying too.
> - Reworked some header tag (h1->h2, h3->h2, etc)
> - Reduced width of copyright to be slightly less prone to widows
> - Fixed grammar/capitalization issues
> - Fixed broken links
>
> The biggest part is that the sidebar stood out way too far and looked
> goofy with the huge download "button". A few other things are a little
> weird looking to me still, but I think it's an improvement over what we
> currently have! Would love to see this pushed in concert with 1.6.0.
>

> On 4/10/14, 4:37 PM, Bill Havanki wrote:
>
>> I think the new site is just about ready. Latest updates:
>>
>> - Replaced social network icons with approved graphics from the sites
>> themselves. (Excellent catch Josh.)
>> - Switched to better external link icons, moved icons to left of link
>> text.
>> - Added IRC channel link to sidebar.
>> - Added bylaws and governance pages to nav menu.
>> - Updated look and feel for several pages, including downloads,
>> screenshots, and mailing lists.
>> - Added link to Accumulo Summit site to sidebar.
>> - Merged in changes made to production site since this version was
>> branched, so content is current.
>>
>> The only significant piece left is improving the features page, which Josh
>> indicated he might like to try. I can take a stab at it otherwise. It's
>> fun.
>>
>> How would we like to handle the transition to this site? Is a vote a good
>> idea? I would propose lazy approval with a three-day period, falling back
>> to consensus in case of an irreconcilable veto. The vote can be pinned to
>> specific SVN repo version.
>>
>> As always, thanks for your continued input. If I've missed anyone's
>> suggestions, please let me know.
>>
>> Bill H
>>

>> On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 2:14 PM, Bill Havanki <bhavanki@clouderagovt.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>  Thanks David!
>>>
>>> Re social icons: This post is interesting (google "social icons
>>> trademark"):
>>>
>>> http://angiemakes.com/improper-use-social-media-icons/
>>>
>>> I'll redo the icons according to the branding guidelines for the
>>> respective sites. Good catch Josh!
>>>

>>> On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 2:05 PM, David Medinets <david.medinets@gmail.com
>>>
>>>  Very Nice, Bill.

I think

> [...]